Summer 2013 MRSEC REU ProgramPLEASE NOTE - The center is no longer accepting applications for the Summer 2013 program. Thank you for your interest.
Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) fellowships are awarded to undergraduates from four-year colleges and universities for participation in a ten-week summer program designed to provide unique research experiences, professional development, and increased awareness of materials science and engineering. Each student performs research in one of the innovative research projects that probe fundamental aspects of experimental and theoretical colloid science to develop principles for the fabrication of materials – from the colloidal to macroscopic scale – through manipulation of shape and choice of processing protocols, or, from one of the seed areas. The program is interdisciplinary, combining chemistry, physics and chemical engineering to examine forefront topics including:
- Ordered Non-Crystalline Materials and Dental Applications
- Processing and Packing Protocols
- Particle Assembly with Controlled Interactions
- Particle Assembly with Controlled Geometrics
MRSEC REU Students have access to state-of-the art facilities, and they participate with students and faculty from across the globe in professional development workshops for science writing and presentation, as well as ethics of research and publication. And they do so in the most exciting city in the world!
- Cutting-edge research experience
- $4,500 living stipend + travel expenses (up to $500)
- Dormitory housing provided on vibrant Union Square
- Social activities in Manhattan (past programs have included Broadway shows, Yankee games, trips to Central Park and guided museum tours)
The center is no longer accepting applications for the Summer 2013 program. Thank you for your interest.
Updated on 01/30/2013